The services of the Ministry fall under:
- Ministry of Health Headquarters
- Secondary Health Care
- Nursing Education
- Community Services Department
Click here for a leaflet: A Guide to Health Services on Montserrat
Do you have a health problem that needs attention?
Your first step should be to call and make an appointment at your nearest health centre (district clinic). If it is an emergency it is OK to go straight to the clinic. If it is outside working hours, or on the advice of the nurse, the next step is to go to the Casualty Department (Accident and Emergency) at the Hospital. If being referred by the nurse she will give you a note to take with you.
The clinics provide the following services:
Each clinic is staffed by at least one trained nurse, who is available between 8am and 4 pm. On Tuesdays and Thursdays St John’s Clinic stays open until 5pm.
There is a weekly doctor’s clinic at each health centre. Other services include:
- Hypertensive and diabetic clinic
- Child welfare clinic
- Antenatal and postnatal clinic
- Family planning
- Pap smears
- Nutrition counseling
- Treatment of minor ailments
- HIV counselling and testing
- General counseling and health advice
- Referral to other agencies / services
- Home visits to housebound
- School Health
- Eye clinic and other occasional special clinics